Go From Compliant to Compelling
The Proposal Manager manages all phases of the proposal development process including: strategy, win themes/discriminators, outlines and compliance matrices, color reviews, writing and editing, graphic design, desktop publishing, document production, and packaging and delivering. The Proposal Manager conducts executive briefings, facilitates kickoff meetings, status calls, and monitors the RFP for amendments and impact on schedule and requirements. The Proposal Manager oversees the entire proposal response, manages the team and has a commitment to “doing what it takes” to produce a winning proposal.
Specific skills include:
- Strong execution of industry best practices (e.g. Shipley) such as kickoffs, color reviews, compliance, win themes, schedule, resumes, past performances, etc.
- Superior writing skills and strong understanding of proposal writing standards (acronyms, format, compliance, etc.)
- Understanding and experience in Federal Acquisition methodologies
- Effective communicator across all modern mediums, including text and video conferencing.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and manage the team to adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to interact successfully with personnel at all levels, including senior executives
- Ability to intuitively organize and prioritize tasks, as well as monitor concurrent tasks effectively
- Ability to manage a disparate (often virtual) team that may include multiple companies
Most importantly, a WinBiz Proposal Manager is a consultant at heart who strives to instill best practices and help companies learn and grow as they execute winning proposals.